ƊЄMƠƝƠƖƊ

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News: Welcome to Demonoid Fora!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: What will happen with Demonoid.pw domain?  (Read 5442 times)

AnythingOldSchool

• Demon
  • Classic Torrents Forever
    • AnythingOldSchool's Classic Torrents
Re: What will happen with Demonoid.pw domain?
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2018, 10:30:44 AM »

If the domain was taken then I wouldn't have [email protected] mail :P.

He just doesn't want to use old domains because Demonoid would grow too big and would be targeted by those evil copyright companies. That's why they are serving ads and looks like non-functional domains while they are functional.

He just doesn't want to put his family at the risk and trusting anyone the database where it could expose his identity.

Oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That makes sense. Yeah.. That makes a lot of sense. I didn't even notice your email LOLOLOL.. I was so focused on not having my Demonnoid back, I didn't even notice..

smarthomes98

• Imp
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2018, 03:33:17 AM »

Demonoid.pw expired before I could get my Bill Nye the Science Guy: Soundtrack of Science torrent back after it's corrupted!

brokenchromebook

• Imp
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2018, 01:59:30 AM »

i know how to program, i could make a new site. also worst case i might be able to scrape enough money together to purchase the domain from bots
:) ;D

pmalcolm

• Imp
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2018, 12:20:44 AM »

I can't see why anyone would object to a new site in view of the non response from Deimos

AnythingOldSchool

• Demon
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2018, 05:06:07 AM »

I can't see why anyone would object to a new site in view of the non response from Deimos

phaze1G has enlightened us with some of the complexity of Demonoid. I understand a lot better now. And as much as I appreciate phaze1G taking the time to share with us some background history, I must agree with you, I find myself going back to the same question Why can't we just start fresh? Yet, at the same time, it's not that simple. Deimos's life is indeed complicated. In addition to being complicated, there's the underline financial aspect of it, where most members who hit and run don't give a f**k about. I know that is weighing heavy on Deimos's mind (as well as keeping the feds off his ass).

b2ux

• Imp
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2019, 07:19:13 PM »

RENEWED EXP 11-20-2019  ;)

phaze1G

• Global Moderator
  • Stuck in old times
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2019, 07:31:11 PM »

RENEWED EXP 11-20-2019  ;)

That's not a renewal. Just grace period of 74 days from TLD

sambao

• Imp
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2019, 06:11:35 PM »

That's not a renewal. Just grace period of 74 days from TLD

Domain Name: DEMONOID.PW
Registry Domain ID: D6560068-CNIC
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.tldregistrarsolutions
Registrar URL: http://www.tldregistrarsolutions.com
Updated Date: 2018-12-01T11:15:56.0Z
Creation Date: 2014-11-30T22:32:27.0Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2019-11-30T23:59:59.0Z

no grace period but renewal on December 1st 2018 and expiration date on november 30th 2019! ;)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 06:52:45 PM by sambao »

phaze1G

• Global Moderator
  • Stuck in old times
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2019, 08:09:56 PM »

Domain Name: DEMONOID.PW
Registry Domain ID: D6560068-CNIC
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.tldregistrarsolutions
Registrar URL: http://www.tldregistrarsolutions.com
Updated Date: 2018-12-01T11:15:56.0Z
Creation Date: 2014-11-30T22:32:27.0Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2019-11-30T23:59:59.0Z

no grace period but renewal on December 1st 2018 and expiration date on november 30th 2019! ;)

You forget to crucial thing which is a Domain status. "autoRenewPeriod" - "This grace period is provided after a domain name registration period expires and is extended (renewed) automatically by the registry. If the registrar deletes the domain name during this period, the registry provides a credit to the registrar for the cost of the renewal."

sambao

• Imp
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2019, 07:42:37 AM »

You forget to crucial thing which is a Domain status. "autoRenewPeriod" - "This grace period is provided after a domain name registration period expires and is extended (renewed) automatically by the registry. If the registrar deletes the domain name during this period, the registry provides a credit to the registrar for the cost of the renewal."
you're right, taken from the enthusiasm I did not read the following two lines in the whois record! :(

FederalPoliceDept.

• Imp
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2019, 09:16:41 PM »

I just tried the Demonoid.Pw and it seems it's blocked or don't load..It just is a blank white screen and never opens, The CopyRight Gestapo as well as GREEDY net domain companies are such a pissoff, What about creating a truely functional torrent haven run on a Discord like platform, One that would be free and only require the installation of a chatter thing like Discord? Has anyone explored this possibility? It seems possible although the files would have to be split into multible .RAR or .ZIP files. cause of limits of size they allow sending.

AnythingOldSchool

• Demon
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2019, 01:21:03 AM »

I just tried the Demonoid.Pw and it seems it's blocked or don't load..It just is a blank white screen and never opens, The CopyRight Gestapo as well as GREEDY net domain companies are such a pissoff, What about creating a truely functional torrent haven run on a Discord like platform, One that would be free and only require the installation of a chatter thing like Discord? Has anyone explored this possibility? It seems possible although the files would have to be split into multible .RAR or .ZIP files. cause of limits of size they allow sending.

That is not practical. I don't believe that anyone who has used torrents for a really long time would be open to using that. The user might has well use USNETS if they're going to deal with 10 million tiny zip files. Second, those zip files are a problem on so many levels. It is better to be able to see the raw files.

dotsrus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2019, 11:16:26 AM »

Welcome to IRC.. ;D

FederalPoliceDept.

• Imp
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2019, 02:42:07 AM »

That is not practical. I don't believe that anyone who has used torrents for a really long time would be open to using that. The user might has well use USNETS if they're going to deal with 10 million tiny zip files. Second, those zip files are a problem on so many levels. It is better to be able to see the raw files.

Well the ONLY thing I dislike about Use Net is they are all a pay to use thing (the ones that have any thing past a few weeks old that is) There really ought to be something done against what they do, I NEVER repeat NEVER want anything I decide to share by torrent or other means to become a pay to download it file, I didn't intend that to be done in the first place, If I had I'd have done it that way on my own only allowing those who'd paid me first to obtain the file. Luckily Mega learned their lesson and now anything put on there is FREE to download, Thus I suspect someday they will hit the Use Net sites and shut them down for doing the way they do and if they come back they'll be forced to be free only.

AnythingOldSchool

• Demon
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2019, 05:15:30 AM »

Well the ONLY thing I dislike about Use Net is they are all a pay to use thing (the ones that have any thing past a few weeks old that is) There really ought to be something done against what they do, I NEVER repeat NEVER want anything I decide to share by torrent or other means to become a pay to download it file, I didn't intend that to be done in the first place, If I had I'd have done it that way on my own only allowing those who'd paid me first to obtain the file. Luckily Mega learned their lesson and now anything put on there is FREE to download, Thus I suspect someday they will hit the Use Net sites and shut them down for doing the way they do and if they come back they'll be forced to be free only.

I haven't use USENETS for decades. I was never attracted to them. But, understand you're paying for storage and bandwidth (and you're still limited/capped). The only reason why people bought into that shit, is because they were sold on the idea that USNETS are "safe," or "safer." Which goes to show you just how little people know or understand about file sharing. If I was going to pay to use a service like USENETS, I'd rather pay for a seedbox and have unlimited access to anything I want, a bunch of other bells and whistles, PLUS anonymity. Although Bittorrent technology was developed sometime in the beginning of 2000, the technology was flexible enough to move with the times. However, whether people want to acknowledge it or not, USNETS are very primitive, and the only reason why they still exist is because people are stuck in a time warp, or they still lack understanding of basic technologies. It makes absolutely no sense to use them. Just my opinion.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 07:22:31 AM by AnythingOldSchool »
Pages: 1 [2] 3