ƊЄMƠƝƠƖƊ

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News: Welcome to Demonoid Fora!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: What will happen with Demonoid.pw domain?  (Read 5441 times)

Shadow

• Imp
What will happen with Demonoid.pw domain?
« on: December 01, 2018, 03:19:46 PM »

So it expired yesterday, does it mean we lost the domain for good?  :(

phaze1G

• Global Moderator
  • Stuck in old times
Re: What will happen with Demonoid.pw domain?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 03:52:38 PM »

No, at least not yet.

The domain is currently under grace period by registar and Deimos should have at least 90 days 77 days more to renew the domain, after that it's gone and will probably be up for sale with some abnormal price.

jethro84

• Imp
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 08:33:29 AM »

Good morning,

Not exactly relevant to the topic but I used my login details at the demonoid.to fake site a while ago... LIKE A NOOB
Is there any way for you to change my password - have access to the database of users?

Thanks in advance

phaze1G

• Global Moderator
  • Stuck in old times
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 01:15:37 PM »

Nothing you can do right now. They have your login details, and the thing you can do is to change your password on email if it's the same as on Noid.

When Noid gets back, change there password ASAP.

Shadow

• Imp
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 04:07:58 PM »

No, at least not yet.

The domain is currently under grace period by registar and Deimos should have at least 90 days 77 days more to renew the domain, after that it's gone and will probably be up for sale with some abnormal price.

Thanks for the info.

rockymac

• Imp
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2018, 05:26:46 PM »

Glad to see some life here.  Bon Chance!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 05:28:43 PM by rockymac »

NAPWR

• Imp
    • www.xu-1.com
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2018, 08:02:59 AM »

Someone better grab the Domain Name when available quick

phaze1G

• Global Moderator
  • Stuck in old times
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2018, 04:19:19 PM »

There are bots which are made to steal popular domains once they go up for sale.

So chances are pretty much 0%.

NAPWR

• Imp
    • www.xu-1.com
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2018, 11:15:44 AM »

Should be able to back-order the Domain Name  8)

AnythingOldSchool

• Demon
  • Classic Torrents Forever
    • AnythingOldSchool's Classic Torrents
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2018, 05:00:29 AM »

I so find it strange that I just mentioned on reddit, that the only reason why I had a glimmer of hope, was knowing that no one would pay to keep a domain if they are not going to do anything with it. Damn, this doesn't look good. I wish I were a talented coder, I would create a group and create our own damn Demonoid. I hate to be that old guy who reminisces on the golden days.

guiri

• Imp
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2018, 07:32:57 AM »

I so find it strange that I just mentioned on reddit, that the only reason why I had a glimmer of hope, was knowing that no one would pay to keep a domain if they are not going to do anything with it. Damn, this doesn't look good. I wish I were a talented coder, I would create a group and create our own damn Demonoid. I hate to be that old guy who reminisces on the golden days.

The problem is not setting up a site bro. I think the issue here is that if they lose the domain, then people wont' be able to find the new site when it's up. Yes, they will search but it does take a while to get the word out even if the search engines pick it up which they will and many peeps will be going to copy cat sites that are crooked.

The thing is the keep the status quo and unless the admin gets the domain, no one else can get it and like the OP said, it's gonna go for a stupid amount.

I have my own business and some moron snapped up the domain I wanted and tried to sell it for me for $15k. Then they went down to $10k.

The weird part is that my product is UNIQUE and they bought the domain name BEFORE the product was even invented. Makes absolutely no sense to me but I don't sell
enough for anyone to want to buy it and compete with me. I understand domain squatting but the domain they bought makes absolutely no sense to me as it ONLY has value to ME
and like I said, they bought it before I even released my product of I'm not mistaken. Oh well. Good luck to them   :)

AnythingOldSchool

• Demon
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2018, 08:35:44 PM »

The problem is not setting up a site bro. I think the issue here is that if they lose the domain, then people wont' be able to find the new site when it's up. Yes, they will search but it does take a while to get the word out even if the search engines pick it up which they will and many peeps will be going to copy cat sites that are crooked.

The thing is the keep the status quo and unless the admin gets the domain, no one else can get it and like the OP said, it's gonna go for a stupid amount.

I have my own business and some moron snapped up the domain I wanted and tried to sell it for me for $15k. Then they went down to $10k.

The weird part is that my product is UNIQUE and they bought the domain name BEFORE the product was even invented. Makes absolutely no sense to me but I don't sell
enough for anyone to want to buy it and compete with me. I understand domain squatting but the domain they bought makes absolutely no sense to me as it ONLY has value to ME
and like I said, they bought it before I even released my product of I'm not mistaken. Oh well. Good luck to them   :)

That wasn't "domain squatting," that was almost like extortion!! Or holding your domain for ransom. Some crazy shit out here, by crazy MF.

phaze1G

• Global Moderator
  • Stuck in old times
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2018, 08:43:26 PM »

Losing demonoid.pw is not much of an issue.

There is still a stash of domains such as demonoid.com, demonoid.me, demonoid.ph, demonoid.cc so it is more than enough to get community back up.

The problem is if Deimos is willing to get community back.

AnythingOldSchool

• Demon
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2018, 01:50:01 AM »

Losing demonoid.pw is not much of an issue.

There is still a stash of domains such as demonoid.com, demonoid.me, demonoid.ph, demonoid.cc so it is more than enough to get community back up.

The problem is if Deimos is willing to get community back.

I thought Demonoid.com was lost? Or the feds took over it or some shit like that? As far as Deimos, I'm very disappointed in him. I could be wrong, but I'm not sure he understands the impact he had on torrent history! Things hasn't been the same since that last DDoS attack. However, I also understand that it IS a lot of work manually setting things up, programming, etc, etc, and it is a lot to take on by himself. I can't believe after all this time he hasn't met anyone else who can assist in carrying on Demonoid's legacy? Bittorrent is an essential tool for programmers and developers. Unless he's been living his life as a hermit, there's got to be a number of people who has expressed interest (unless of course, those people were not reliable)?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 01:53:41 AM by AnythingOldSchool »

phaze1G

• Global Moderator
  • Stuck in old times
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2018, 02:37:30 AM »

I thought Demonoid.com was lost? Or the feds took over it or some shit like that? As far as Deimos, I'm very disappointed in him. I could be wrong, but I'm not sure he understands the impact he had on torrent history! Things hasn't been the same since that last DDoS attack. However, I also understand that it IS a lot of work manually setting things up, programming, etc, etc, and it is a lot to take on by himself. I can't believe after all this time he hasn't met anyone else who can assist in carrying on Demonoid's legacy? Bittorrent is an essential tool for programmers and developers. Unless he's been living his life as a hermit, there's got to be a number of people who has expressed interest (unless of course, those people were not reliable)?
If the domain was taken then I wouldn't have [email protected] mail :P.

He just doesn't want to use old domains because Demonoid would grow too big and would be targeted by those evil copyright companies. That's why they are serving ads and looks like non-functional domains while they are functional.

He just doesn't want to put his family at the risk and trusting anyone the database where it could expose his identity.
Pages: [1] 2 3