Demonoid

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News: Welcome to Demonoid Fora!

Author Topic: I tried, I really did....  (Read 295 times)

AnythingOldSchool

• Demon
  • Classic Torrents Forever
    • AnythingOldSchool's Classic Torrents
I tried, I really did....
« on: January 12, 2019, 03:27:30 PM »

Prices for movies are still ridiculous! Now I see creating torrents as a community service. Fuck the establishment!

megamarkd

• Imp
Re: I tried, I really did....
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 02:17:00 AM »

Since the corps finally came to the party with CDN services and settop boxes to stream the media, they have started a model that resembles the old video rental stores, or subscriptions that mimic cable TV services.  I don't like them but I am old and set in my ways, which were cemented in place when my family bought our second VCR ;)

AnythingOldSchool

• Demon
  • Classic Torrents Forever
    • AnythingOldSchool's Classic Torrents
Re: I tried, I really did....
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 02:27:02 AM »

LOLOL..... It's funny you've said that... I literally grew up in both VCR and the torrent age. There's something about the 80s were many of us get stuck. Hence P2P was my vain/addiction/way of internet life, whatever you want to call it. As streaming became more of a convenience than using torrents, I've tried to do the right thing. But the quality of movies have tanked. They often don't have the movies people REALLY wanted to see; and the large studios refuse to put their best movies on streaming, 'cause they still want to charge you $20 or more to digitally buy it. Nobody has this kind of money anymore. It may sound cheap to them, but it's a lot to most of us. Nobody told them to give those actors exorbitant amount of salaries, then try to push it off on the consumer/fans.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 04:26:07 AM by AnythingOldSchool »