Demonoid

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News: Welcome to Demonoid Fora!

Author Topic: Cloud servers  (Read 471 times)

shentino

• Imp
Cloud servers
« on: January 03, 2019, 05:38:42 PM »

Have the demonoid staff considered cloud based redundancy?  Maybe some kind of cheap server solution.

Maybe self destructing servers if they lose contact with the "mother ship" for too long

Generally, redundancy.  TPB for example maintains a litany of domain names.

phaze1G

• Global Moderator
  • Stuck in old times
Re: Cloud servers
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 09:28:29 PM »

Demonoid staff has little knowledge about coding.

I still see no point of hosting a reincarnated site of Demonoid or calling it Demonoid and starting from zero when there are plenty of other public and private trackers.

AnythingOldSchool

• Demon
  • Classic Torrents Forever
    • AnythingOldSchool's Classic Torrents
Re: Cloud servers
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 04:31:40 AM »

Demonoid staff has little knowledge about coding.

I still see no point of hosting a reincarnated site of Demonoid or calling it Demonoid and starting from zero when there are plenty of other public and private trackers.

Yeah, phaze1G, this was kind of my point point from my last couple of posts on reddit. It hearts to know that a legacy has pretty much ended; and new torrent users just getting in on the scene has absolutely no clue.

Have the demonoid staff considered cloud based redundancy?  Maybe some kind of cheap server solution.

Maybe self destructing servers if they lose contact with the "mother ship" for too long

Generally, redundancy.  TPB for example maintains a litany of domain names.

The situation with demonoid really is complicated. This didn't truly sunk in my head, until phaze1G's fairly recent posts. Whether you're a tracker owner, staff member, or user. Torrents often times both deeply and profoundly effect our lives on different levels. I've always supported Deimos starting from scratch, simply because there's just so much data corruption, stuff being broken, etc, etc, and to continue to work with a broken system (where so many hands have been in it) at some point becomes pointless. I would be perfectly happy if he started off from scratch with a different name and renewed focus. Just as long he continues to keep the magic that made Demonoid what it was; the magic that made millions of users love it in the first place. Community.