ƊЄMƠƝƠƖƊ

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News: Welcome to Demonoid Fora!

Author Topic: Tribler experiment  (Read 208 times)

loninappleton

• Imp
Tribler experiment
« on: February 12, 2019, 10:26:19 PM »

Elsewhere in the Fora I mentioned Tribler as an alternative to get content.  I do not use Facebook Twitter or any social media except mail.

My experiment with Tribler has gone as far as making a My Channel location
to upload one torrent item-- a film from the 1940's called Cry Havoc featuring
all women leading the cast-- all major Hollywood stars of the period.  It's something I've had in
my torrent collection at TPB or Demonoid.  Since Demonoid's index is not available
I'd have to check on it.

Tribler seems to be driven by word of mouth about channels.  My experiment here is  to see if an announcement could be shared by readers of this forum at Tribler.  This would gain their merit points for both leecher and seeder.

I can take any interest either in the forum or a PM.  I'm hoping for a long term solution provided by Tribler where I can reactivate content from Demonoid.   Meanwhile my 'torrent farm' remains active. 

Simply put,  I may need help in error checking and understanding how Tribler works and would like to find others with interest.

loninappleton

• Imp
Re: Tribler experiment
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 09:13:54 PM »

Experiment so far is a bust.  Not because no replies but in just trying to get
one of their listed items,  no content was found to be active.  Trying upload was the same issue.  It's a valuable idea just not working.

AnythingOldSchool

• Demon
  • Classic Torrents Forever
    • AnythingOldSchool's Classic Torrents
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2019, 05:52:31 AM »

Like I said earlier, there will not be any other better way to share and get what we need, other than
 by way of using traditional torrent clients. I think the developers deserve an A+ for trying, but Tribler is not going to be for most people. It needs a LOT of work.

loninappleton

• Imp
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2019, 06:24:52 PM »

Agreed and it seems that tribler has been around for sometime but never achieved any notice.  Blocking issues may be involved.

I prefer the traditional style as you say.

I've never wanted to engage with much else like set top boxes, or dodgy streaming outfits.  As others have said my goal is archiving-- making what I consider important available on a limited amount of content.