Please note there are no saved accounts from previous Demonoid.pw.
Demonoid staff is currently rebuilding "Demonoid" from the scratch. If you wish to help, you can do so by clicking here. Thank you!
Demonoid
Demonoid
User log in
User registration
Registrations are open
Click here to register
Email:  
Password: lost pass?

BOOO
8ullfrogPosted at Apr 28th, 2019 (1 month ago)Report Permalink
Regular user

Torrents: 0

The way it was earlier was fine, this change is strange and uncomfortable.
Profile Send a PM

phaze1GPosted at Apr 28th, 2019 (1 month ago)Report Permalink
Stuck in old times...
Global site moderator

Torrents: 2

Old fora is still there. https://demonoid.info/old-fora/

Rest in peace, Deimos.

Profile Send a PM

Regular user

Warning: require_once(/home/pmbovaju/public_html/Sources/QueryString.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/pmbovaju/public_html/old-fora/index.php on line 51

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/pmbovaju/public_html/Sources/QueryString.php' (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php71/root/usr/share/pear') in /home/pmbovaju/public_html/old-fora/index.php on line 51
Profile Send a PM

Stuck in old times...
Global site moderator

Will fix it later on as I didn't upgrade directory.

Rest in peace, Deimos.

Profile Send a PM

Regular user

Roger that, the classic look just felt more like home. This version is... kinda chaotic.
Profile Send a PM

Stuck in old times...
Global site moderator

Well this is my bad attempt to recreate fora from pictures I have from Deimos. This was a planned merge of Demonoid + fora with one account. I made it like 35% similar heh.

But this I built for my nostalgia and feel of home I once had here. So if demonoid.info dies or something I will still use it locally heh.

Rest in peace, Deimos.

Profile Send a PM

pmalcolmPosted at Apr 28th, 2019 (1 month ago)Report Permalink
Regular user

I prefer the other way as this is more of a tombstone than a memorial. If it can ever function properly then I guess everyone would be ecstatic!
Profile Send a PM

Stuck in old times...
Global site moderator

The site itself can fully function properly so far. There is even a torrent scraper for seed, leech and completed stats. But, I will not be the one to resurect it as it would require lots of money and copyright agents on sight again. If other staff want it, they can try to run it with community. This is just something I wanted to get done ( but yeah this fora looks bad indeed heh).

Last edited by phaze1G, 1 month ago

Rest in peace, Deimos.

Profile Send a PM

Booster2Posted at Apr 28th, 2019 (1 month ago)Report Permalink
Regular user

I have some screenshots of the site which I just took some for nostalgic reasons. Wants some of it Admins/Moderators?
Profile Send a PM

Stuck in old times...
Global site moderator

Booster2 wrote:
I have some screenshots of the site which I just took some for nostalgic reasons. Wants some of it Admins/Moderators?

Sure thing, you can create a new thread and post them all for nostalgia. I also recreated this Demonoid from pictures and web archive, especially profile and comments section.

Last edited by phaze1G, 1 month ago

Rest in peace, Deimos.

Profile Send a PM

AnythingOldPosted at Apr 28th, 2019 (1 month ago)Report Permalink
VIP

I wasn't expecting this... Feels really weird.  :| So, this is purely for nostalgic purposes?

Last edited by AnythingOld, 1 month ago

Profile Send a PM

Regular user

Alright, let's get weird with it. I joined Demonoid in 2004 because some nameless uploader decided to make a suprnova link a magnet thing, and back then, you had to register on the end zone tracker.

So I registered on Demonoid JUST to bitch and moan about it. It was a hl2 map pack, and it was treasure. Treasure I never actually learned how to use.

They were Hammer Maps. Someone (german guy) got into valve and snagged 1000 maps.

Honestly, I don't think I ever went much past the supposed "HL2 Beta" and some stunt maps from a long dead site, but holy shit did I waste a resource.

I mean that was like Bill Gates giving a master class on windows, without any editing, and I signed up to whine because they didn't just load in the engine because you needed to close up some tags.

I got the actual "Beta" off WinMX in 100 f**king rar files. God, I do not miss that distribution method at all. My ISP at the time blocked the f**kin' protocol that WinMX used to connect, and I jumped ship to demonoid.

Funny enough, I used Demonoid at work. I worked at CompUSA, and I'd grab various games to stress test the computers we built for customers. I had a weird sense of ethics though, after demoing the f**king supreme awesomeness of the machines we built them, I'd nuke the torrent off the new box. Never had any complaints, and holy shit did we deal with complaints... from other stores. In particular, f**k you CompUSA San Marcos.

Demonoid was a home, it was a resource, and holy shit do I miss it. The computer I am using now came from Laythy, who got tired of me bitching about my laptop being insufficient, so he brainstormed an awesome computer, and shipped it to me in the mail.

Yeah, Demonoid is the reason I have a computer right now.

SO.

I liked the old look. Wasn't clued in to the DotInfo until recently. Honestly, I offended a lot of people when I was a member, and the fact christ did not attempt to microwave my brain is, I consider, proof of his divinity.

I'm like Tony Stark, without math skills, engineering skills, tone, or wit.

So that doesn't add up to much, but I loved and do love Demonoid.

Also, I f**king despise this new look man. If this is the Eulogy I vomit out, so be it.
Profile Send a PM

Stuck in old times...
Global site moderator

As for .info in logo, that's from the original logo created back in 2004~ for Demonoid.com and I hold the .psd along with .ai files of it and the whole upper structure of noid.

This was the closest I could make from screenshots and web archive as Demonoid is one big table of images and recreating tables is hard.

For forums, people are just not used to it as it was never released to the public, but it looked something like this.

Rest in peace, Deimos.

Profile Send a PM

Regular user

oh man, no complaints there.

I understand that constant evolution is like some hellish requirement as far as trackers go, and even demonoid was not immune. I always thought V3 looked like shit, but never thought it was my place as just some regular user to say it. I saw progress for the sake of progress and just wondered... Why?

Like Digg KILLED itself, trying to be the next thing, changing the interface, omniposing the paradigm or whatever.

Redesign? The users will get over it...

And I do not get that.

Like competition, sure, I can grok that. But they way sites seem to be almost required to pivot, well, they've left me far behind.

Funny enough, when I was trying to get my mom off all the AARP lists, I was shocked at how robust a forum they have going.

But that old format forum? You had something special there. I'm sorry it didn't pay the bills, I'm guessing that's something a lot of demonoid users can emphasize with, but can't actually contribute towards fixing.
Profile Send a PM

VIP

Mighty nice NOT seeing those ads and having backend popups. Those I will NEVER miss.

Winmix?? Oh damn! I haven't used that in.... Oh damn!!! Did I say Oh damn yet?!?!?

-AOS

Last edited by AnythingOld, 1 month ago

Profile Send a PM

VIP

"8ullfrog" wrote:
Like Digg KILLED itself, trying to be the next thing, changing the interface, omniposing the paradigm or whatever.

I think this is one of the many reasons that a good hard working team must be decided upon, before one takes the responsibility of forming a tracker. It's a LOT OF f**kING WORK! You have to love what your doing, if you're going to start up a tracker. This is one of the reason admins almost never post anything. All your remainder time is often debugging shit.:-@

-AOS

Profile Send a PM

8ullfrogPosted at May 12th, 2019 (1 month ago)Report Permalink
Regular user

I want the old fora, but hearing that registrations were closed to block spammers makes me think the current format is the new default, and I don't like it.
Profile Send a PM

ShadowPosted at May 12th, 2019 (1 month ago)Report Permalink
Regular user

8ullfrog wrote:
I want the old fora, but hearing that registrations were closed to block spammers makes me think the current format is the new default, and I dont like it.

Well, at least there are no ads or banners on forum  :D

Arise once again.
Profile Send a PM

NaoPbPosted at Jun 8th, 2019 (1 week ago)Report Permalink
Jij bent veel beter dan noodle
Regular user

8ullfrog wrote:
Alright, let's get weird with it. I joined Demonoid in 2004 because some nameless uploader decided to make a suprnova link a magnet thing, and back then, you had to register on the end zone tracker.So I registered on Demonoid JUST to bitch and moan about it. It was a hl2 map pack, and it was treasure. Treasure I never actually learned how to use.They were Hammer Maps. Someone (german guy) got into valve and snagged 1000 maps.Honestly, I don't think I ever went much past the supposed "HL2 Beta" and some stunt maps from a long dead site, but holy shit did I waste a resource.I mean that was like Bill Gates giving a master class on windows, without any editing, and I signed up to whine because they didn't just load in the engine because you needed to close up some tags.I got the actual "Beta" off WinMX in 100 f**king rar files. God, I do not miss that distribution method at all. My ISP at the time blocked the f**kin' protocol that WinMX used to connect, and I jumped ship to demonoid.Funny enough, I used Demonoid at work. I worked at CompUSA, and I'd grab various games to stress test the computers we built for customers. I had a weird sense of ethics though, after demoing the f**king supreme awesomeness of the machines we built them, I'd nuke the torrent off the new box. Never had any complaints, and holy shit did we deal with complaints... from other stores. In particular, f**k you CompUSA San Marcos.Demonoid was a home, it was a resource, and holy shit do I miss it. The computer I am using now came from Laythy, who got tired of me bitching about my laptop being insufficient, so he brainstormed an awesome computer, and shipped it to me in the mail.Yeah, Demonoid is the reason I have a computer right now.SO.I liked the old look. Wasn't clued in to the DotInfo until recently. Honestly, I offended a lot of people when I was a member, and the fact christ did not attempt to microwave my brain is, I consider, proof of his divinity.I'm like Tony Stark, without math skills, engineering skills, tone, or wit.So that doesn't add up to much, but I loved and do love Demonoid.Also, I f**king despise this new look man. If this is the Eulogy I vomit out, so be it.

Awesome, thanks for sharing your story :)

Mine is not as interesting. I can't remember when I registered, but I do remember the reason. I could find so much old series on demonoid, that I couldn't find anywhere else. That was my reason to register and visit every once in a while.

# Use double buffering (reduces flicker, may not work for everyone)
double_buffer yes
Profile Send a PM

You are not permitted to post in this forum.
<< Prev  1   Next >>

Disclaimer: None of the files shown here are actually hosted or transmitted by this server. The links are provided solely by this site's users. The site moderation is also a service provided by the site's users. The administrator of this site (Demonoid.info) cannot be held responsible for what its users post, or any other actions of its users. You may not use this site to distribute or download any material when you do not have the legal rights to do so. It is your own responsibility to adhere to these terms.

By using this site you indicate your agreement to our terms and conditions

Link to us | Contact us | Feeds/RSS | Staff List | DMCA
This site and the Demonoid logo are Copyright © Demonoid. All rights reserved.
Page created in 0.073512 seconds.

Show Demonoid some love with 1DNoidoGGLpbjHUbnsWt7FM6UAmEzLs18B