Please note there are no saved accounts from previous Demonoid.pw.
Demonoid staff is currently rebuilding "Demonoid" from the scratch. If you wish to help, you can do so by clicking here. Thank you!
Demonoid
Demonoid
User log in
User registration
Registrations are open
Click here to register
Email:  
Password: lost pass?

Forums / Announcements / What happened with Demonoid and Deimos? Search · View New Posts · Mark All Read
What happened with Demonoid and Deimos?
phaze1GPosted at May 4th, 2019 (1 month ago)Report Permalink
Stuck in old times...
Global site moderator

Torrents: 2

From where to start..what to write? The more I think, the more it hurts, and the harder it gets to accept it even though months passed, it's still a fresh scar.

Before I start, I hope that there is a 1% chance that this is incorrect and not true, as the local news in the report wrote one detail incorrectly.

With great sadness, I want to announce that Deimos, the founder of Demonoid known as someone who was one of the earliest and influential people on the torrent scene since it's beginning has died in an accident back on August, 2018. Everything happened so fast and so unexpected, one moment I was speaking with him, next moment I found out that he died after I went to sleep and told him good night. For days I blamed myself and thought what would happen if I didn't go to sleep that day and continue speaking with him before he went out and the accident happened.

The hardest thing is that this falls on me to tell and knowing how big fan base there is for Demonoid, it is really, really messed up to tell people something like this.

The family members rejected any form of contact and I respect it as they had a traumatic experience and lost the person they care about.

There is a commemoration page which was made months ago, but I never got enough strength to release it and I'm not good with words, so you can read there a farewell message.

https://www.demonoid.info/commemoration/index.html

After Deimos death, someone was using his cheapo laptop to visit Demonoid as I was seeing activity over his Demonoid profile several times until servers were wiped out to default apache page (That laptop is the only thing which can access Demonoid backend and his Demonoid profile along with cloud backup servers).  It was someone with enough tech skills such as friends or Umlauf himself, so currently there is at least one person who holds the database of Demonoid and if it ever comes back that person will not be Deimos.

Edit: As some people messaged me worrying about their privacy, the login happened around four days after the accident happened, and there is no way that someone could break custom made cryptography and get on the server that fast, let alone get the laptop and do stuff. That was someone who already had access. My guess would be Umlauf, someone from close family, or a friend who was lending several servers for Demonoid.

What now? I don't know. Demonoid Fora was formed as a reminder of Demonoid and Deimos, but I have no idea what to do next, or what to do regarding Demonoid at all. Demonoid is and always was Deimos' child. Umlauf was there to help when it was hard, so without those 2 giants, there is no Demonoid.

Deimos had big expectations for Demonoid before he died, he spent over 8 hours a day coding and improving Demonoid for months and wanted to deliver what he promised to the community. Many things were happening behind the scene, he cared so much about users privacy and replied almost to everyone who private message him and asked how he was and stuff. He was really a friendly person. I'm glad that I had a chance to know him and I will miss him dearly, not because of Demonoid only, but because of the person, he was.

Edit: As for the end, here's the highest traffic peak of Demonoid with multiple millions of visitors per day, where it was in pair with mininova, piratebay and torrentz at the time
https://i.imgur.com/01z0ffd.png

So many comments and so many questions..thanks to everyone who were part of this tracker and journey through the years. I will answer some questions and get some insight as fans deserve to know a bit more.

For starter, I cannot disclose the information about the death and Deimos' real name as we should all value people's privacy and we shouldn't put the people who suffered a loss in info hunt.

Demonoid original name came up as a demo site for music tracks which was the original purpose at start. So it reads DEMOnoid.

Deimos nickname comes from the Greek deity and Deimos had a strong passion for mythologies, beliefs in gods, ancient stuff, bible and would speak for hours about it when asked.

Deimos had a very big passion for hard metal music and used to ask people to link him their country metal as it was never ever enough for him. He had a collection of some rarest flacs, unreleased to public songs and much more stuff, he was really into it.

As a teenager, he used to play acoustic guitar at local bars and was very good at it.

His favorite youtube channel was 'Life of Boris' and wanted to travel to European countries just to see the culture.

He never had a chance to know that his favorite magician which he showed me Shin Lim won the America's got talent.

Deimos used to get irritated by me on regular basis as I used to spam him with Despacito and Justin Biebers song with clickbait texts like 'mate have you seen today news?! And link to youtube song' to the point where he embed into my demonoid account song from justin bieber which plays whenever I visit Demonoid. I would insert here laughing smiles..but it doesn't feel right anymore.

There were so many stuff happening behind the scene which were both fun, sometimes sad, and also interesting and I will miss all of that. And lastly not to forget he also liked animes and comics.

Hopefully, with this, fans can learn a bit more of the person we lost.

Last edited by phaze1G, 1 month ago

Rest in peace, Deimos.

Profile Send a PM

You are not permitted to post in this forum.
<< Prev  1   Next >>

Disclaimer: None of the files shown here are actually hosted or transmitted by this server. The links are provided solely by this site's users. The site moderation is also a service provided by the site's users. The administrator of this site (Demonoid.info) cannot be held responsible for what its users post, or any other actions of its users. You may not use this site to distribute or download any material when you do not have the legal rights to do so. It is your own responsibility to adhere to these terms.

By using this site you indicate your agreement to our terms and conditions

Link to us | Contact us | Feeds/RSS | Staff List | DMCA
This site and the Demonoid logo are Copyright © Demonoid. All rights reserved.
Page created in 0.933453 seconds.

Show Demonoid some love with 1DNoidoGGLpbjHUbnsWt7FM6UAmEzLs18B